Efest. Have a workshop today with Leigh Blackall. Not quite finalised yet. Some facilitation tomorrow – 2 x 45, 2 x 30 minute sessions. Workshop on Wednesday.
Keynote 1: Terry Barnett, Kerene Strochnetter NorthTec
A relaxing and enjoyable presentation. . . movies, Google maps
- Nice greeting from NorthTec Tangata Whenua. Still
- “Had a plan, but at times we had to make do with what we had”
- Hacker got into systems in one little loophole – had to build frm scratch – this is now one of the best IT systems in the country: now viewed as one of the best things that could have happened to us.
They decided at one stage to run an online event that included a teleconference powhiri. Then the question arose: who is the Tangata Whenua. They decided it was the group with the main telephone system.
Their Elearning definition:
Kerene Strochnetter: Cluster Chair (Active Health & Wellness) and Regional Mentor, NorthTec, Tai Tokerau Wananga – to take the nursing qual online.
“I started with a workshop to air the problems and worries of the staff”
Comments on change:
- Listen: change course if needed.
- Be aware what you should do vs what you can or with technology
- Lead with your people . . .
CeLLD: Certificate in eLearning Development and Design.
Hmm. Creating blogs, using wikis
Library. Interesting to note they have some innovative student support through the library.