This is probably one of the best conferences I have ever been to. Has a good mix of emergent and formal.
Some emergent conference planning principles:
- Provide minimal paper, and no conference bag.
- Minimal paper=conference programme in pocket size form.
- Provide wireless.
- Have a comprehensive website with things you need to know.
- Don’t provide food. Just park the conference near a ton of nice places to eat.
- Give 90 minutes for lunch.
- Have 15 minute breaks between all sessions. (45 minute sessions @OpenEd)
- One result is that conference organisers can potter round in a relaxed fashion and talk or catch up with people.
- Have fresh coffee and cold drinks on tap.
- Have an unconference stream.
It is the first time I have BEEN at the conference with microblogging.
Twitter feed has been fun. So: you can ask a question about where to go, what’s best, what’s happening – as well as comment on what’s happening, what’s significant. There is probably more, this is just so I don’t forget.