This is a basic three hour workshop. Experience, Design and Build in Moodle 2+
Latest workshop dates:
Monday 18th April, Tuesday 19th April
Tuesday 5th April
WORKSHOP: Design and Build in Moodle 2 to enhance student learning
Getting up and running with Moodle 2, and still have time to play
Moodle 2 is the new version of the popular online learning environment. But if you are reading here, you probably know that.
- Experience Moodle 2
- Acquire some course design skills
- Build something in Moodle
- (Optional follow up on-line: gain confidence in teaching with Moodle)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Teachers/tutors – beginners or intermediate with Moodle – Lead teachers in departments/centres – anyone wanting to move a little beyond just the skills of just adding files and content etc.
Focus on those interested in course design as well as Moodle skills.
The aim is to provide skills, habits and attitudes to help save time – and help your students to bear more of the load to learn what they need to to meet your course goals.
Ultimately easing the burden of learning on students, teachers (and for High School, parents??)
SCOPE: depend a little on the day. Includes: course design, eight core Moodle skills, case studies, maybe: touch on groups and quizzes.
We’d use the Dataview Moodle 2.0 site: 2011.moodle2.net.nz
Frequently asked questions
- What if I am using 1.9? Many of the skills are directly transferrable. But this is a Moodle 2 course.
- What if I don’t have access to a Moodle site now? We can provide you with one.
- What is Moodle? Hmm. Check out moodle.org.
- I’ve tried Moodle 2, it’s not quite there yet. Hmm again. This may be true, but we are taking an optimistic view. Moodle 2 is pretty good.
Any more questions or comments, please contact us.